Monday, August 1, 2011

Data Visualization Learning Lab

     I tried out a lot of different programs for this lab and finally came across "Google Gadget Fusion Charts."  I stress literacy with my students, and in the past I have given them challenges on how much they can read.  They turn in a small report and then I fill in the number of pages they read.  It gives them a visual idea of their progress.  
     I am notorious for making lists and keeping track of everything.  My favorite obsession is to keep a running spreadsheet of every book I read.  I log them into my spreadsheet by Title, Author, Number of Pages, and the Date I finish reading the book.  Below you will find the visual representation of the number of pages I have read since 1994.  I did not include this year because 1) the year is not over and 2) I haven't had much time to read for my own enjoyment, so it's kind of embarrassing.  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment